Buying a Used Car?
Buying a used car? Car shopping can be quite a hassle, let alone a tense experience. But if you’re prepared with the right information and resources, it doesn’t have to be. Finding a good vehicle is important, so you can get where you need to go when you need it. They’re also expensive, so you have to make sure you find a good, reliable one. It gets you to work, it takes you to meetings, and it transports your products. As a result, a major expense in your business will be buying a car and maintaining it. However, there are a few things you should look out for when you go to buy a new vehicle. The following are important considerations when looking at different vehicles on a purchase.
Things to check out when buying a used vehicle
- check the oil to make sure it is full and to make sure the previous owner was not running the car without oil
- Look under the vehicle to see if there’s any leaks, spills or drips
- Check for rust, if there is rust in vehicle ensure there is no holes. it could be a bargaining tool to get the vehicle for cheaper
- Check the interior, ensure the seats work, the A/C,
- Check the carfax for services, wrecks, and to see how many times the vehicle was sold and if the owner(s) took care of it
- Check to the lighter/charging plugs
- Check the tires and see how much tread is on the tires
- See how the windshield wipers work, and if they will need to be replaced
- Test drive it, make sure you do not hear any knocks, rattles or any funny noises to make sure everything is running smooth. Test drive it on the highway to make sure it is running smoothly at 70-75 MPH
- Test the breaks, go about 35 mph and slam on the breaks to ensure they are working (with no one behind you)
We have outlined a few of the things to look for when buying a used car. Make sure you do your research and go to a busy mechanic shop to get your vehicle checked out and make sure everything is running as it should be. This can save you time, money and any trouble later on in the future. The most important thing is to make sure that you take this time to educate yourself about what you will be getting. A little prevention can go a long way.
I hope this will help when buying a used car for you or your family.
If you find yourself needing a vacation check out 3 Reasons you Should go to the Beach