The Good and Bad of Charleston
Welcome to the good and bad of Charleston. Charleston, South Carolina is where the past and the future collide. Charleston is known for its alluring weather and unique culture. It’s a beautiful historical place to visit. Here are some common thoughts about the city, good and bad!
- One of the first things visitors notice when arriving at Charleston is the small brick roads that run through downtown. It is rumored that people going down these roads can help a pregnant women go into labor.
- There are vast oaks trees and beautiful plants along every nook and turn. No two planters, trees or window seals look the same. The plants in my opinion, obviously making it the most beautiful aspects.
- The history of Charleston itself has been amazing to learn. On a carriage ride we learned for every 250 people there is a church, however for every 150 people there is a bar.
- The bricks, trees, and busy thoroughfares provide a very unique feel to those who come to visit Charleston, which helps give this city its charm.
- Along with beautiful scenery there are lively people. These lively people make the environment and vibe of Charleston. No two shoes or buildings are the same. Everything has its own unique touch to it.
- The Market Place has many home made products for sale.
- Finally the last thing is the tours offered where you can learn so much history.
- The weather is hot and humid. in addition to it being hot there is to much shade.
- The streets and market places can get crowded. Therefore you might be walking shoulder to shoulder to people.
- Paying for parking can get pricey. In fact we paid $10 to park there.
- Also there is not enough parking. As a result you will have to park far away and walk to the shops. Wear good walking shoes
- It is expensive.In fact everything from the home made ice cream to the hand made soaps on the market place. Come with a budget.
- Lastly, there are not enough restrooms. We learned to use one when we saw it.
This is a unique place with many diverse cultures and people. Everyone should visit this city at least once in their lifetime to see the beauty, experience the educational aspects and to enjoy all the fun activities it has to offer. We hope you enjoyed the Good and Bad of Charleston.
Check out the best walking shoes HERE